Search Jobs in Hyderabad

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Free Job Posting Sites for Recruiting and staffing Vs Paid Job Boards Monster, Dice, Careerbuilder, etc...

Most of us in recruiting rely heavily on paid job boards such as Monster, Dice, Careerbuilder, etc, but often supplement those resources with additional postings on free sites such as Craigslist. There are, of course, a ton of free job posting sites out there, but none so far that I have come across produce near the number of quality candidates Craigslist once did.

I actually shy away from sites like monster.com and careerbuilder which heavily attract third party recruiters that I find scare away good applicants. They're just too big.

I currently have listings at:
craiglist.com (fee, high traffic)
classifieds.yahoo.com (fee, high traffic)
myspace.com (free)
google.com/base (free)
backpage.com (free)
kijiji.com (free)
oodle.com (free)

You will find that some of these sites pull ads from other paid and free sites (oodle and kijiji are strongly viral).

I also use simplyhired.com and trends.google.com to help write our job listings to include the most highly searched terms (and the not so highly searched terms) and learn about the competition in the area and what terminology they are using and not using.

Links:
http://www.siteslikecraigslist.com
http://trends.google.com
http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobtrends/home

Regards,
Jagan

No comments: